Using the Training Matrix, you can upload your organization’s unique company roles and training topics, set training requirements and the courses that satisfy them, and quickly assign training to thousands of employees.
Managing employee training can be challenging. The solution? Automate it.
Training Development Guideline
1.1 Pre-Training Planning
1.2 Training Logistics Checklist
2. Needs Assessment
2.1 Assessing Needs
2.2 Adult Learners
3.1 Course Design Process
3.2 Learning Outcomes
4.1 Developing Material
4.2 Developing Presentations
5.1 Training Methods
5.2 Effective Communication Skills
6.1 Forms of Evaluation
6.2 Process Evaluation
Typical Reasons for Employee Training and Development
Training and development can be initiated for a variety of reasons for an em-ployee or group of employees, e.g.,:
- When a performance appraisal indicates performance improvement is needed
- Developed as part of the overall professional development program
- "Benchmark" the status of improvement throughout the performance im-provement efforts as part of succession planning to help an employee to be eligible for a planned change in role in the organization
- To "pilot", or test, the operation of a new performance management sys-tem
- To train about a specific topic (see below)
Typical Topics of Employee Training
- Communication skills: The increasing diversity of today's workforce brings a wide variety of languages and customs.
- Computer skills: Computer skills are becoming a necessity for conducting administrative and office tasks.
- Customer service: Increased competition in today's global marketplace makes it critical that employees understand and meet the needs of cus-tomers.
- Diversity: Diversity training usually includes explanation regarding how people have different perspectives and views, and this training includes techniques to value diversity
- Ethics: Today's society has increasing expectations about corporate social responsibility and governance. Also, today's diverse workforce brings a wide variety of values and morals to the workplace.
- Human relations: The increased stresses of today's workplace can include misunderstandings and conflict. Training can assist people to improve cooperation and team work in the workplace.
- Quality initiatives: Initiatives such as Total Quality Management, Quality Circles, benchmarking, etc., require basic training about quality concepts, guidelines and standards for quality, etc.
- Safety: Safety training is critical where working with heavy equipment, hazardous chemicals, repetitive activities, workplace environment, etc., other benefit extend to practical advice for avoiding assaults, etc.
- Sexual harassment: Sexual harassment training usually includes careful de-scription of the organization's policies about sexual harassment, especially about regarding inappropriate behaviors.
- Vertical domain compliance and governance require-ments: Operationally this is a must, example like AML in FSI and Industrial Safety in Construction….etc.
General Benefits from Employee Training and Development
here are numerous sources of online information about training and develop-ment. Several of these sites (they're listed later on in this library) suggest reasons for supervisors to conduct training among employees, including:
- Increased job satisfaction and morale among employees
- Increased employee motivation
- Increased efficiencies in processes, resulting in financial gain
- Increased capacity to adopt new technologies and methods
- Increased innovation in strategies and products
- Reduced employee turnover
- Enhanced company image, e.g., conducting ethics training (not a good reason for ethics training!)
- Risk management readiness, e.g., training about sexual harassment, diver-sity training
Nine Essential Steps of Training Process
- Assessing training needs
- Preparing training plan
- Specifying training objectives
- Designing the training program(s)
- Selecting the instructional plan
- Completing the training plan
- Implementing the training program
- Evaluation of training
- Planning for future training